Friday, January 7, 2011

rain/firsts/returning

I love the rain. The way the breeze smells as the clouds arrive; the way it sounds falling on a roof and gurgling in the gutters; the way the air looks so clean afterwards.





I can't believe it's been 2 months since my last post. We have to move house against our will, one of the many perils of being a tenant in this country. We've been looking for weeks on end, and haven't found a new home yet. It has taken over everything, put all my plans on hold, filled me with vague, hovering anxieties.
But a new year is upon us, and I think this one will be filled with firsts for me. There may be nothing new under the sun, but there are always firsts. First kisses and the first time you notice the colour of someone's eyes. First times for seeing yourself differently, for waking up to the beauty in the world.
May your 2011 be full of lovely firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment